Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County is searching for a Behavior Specialist. The Behavior Specialist will create and execute behavior intervention plans and provide support to families and professionals based on observations and screenings of children referred through the ASQ/RFS triage process.
Essential Duties include:
- Complete ASQ-SE and observations for children referred for severe behavior concerns
- Collaborate with Screening and Intervention staff and provide consultation as a behavior liaison
- Provide technical assistance to providers regarding behavioral concerns in their classroom
- Model and provide TA on PBS/Pyramid Model in the classroom
- Support trauma informed quality care practices
- Create behavior intervention plans in partnership with providers and parents/caregivers to address the reported and observed behavior concerns in the classroom
- Make appropriate referrals as deemed necessary to (Part B, Part C and mental health) resources within the community
- Develop a support system for guiding parents through follow-up services
- Establish and manage a system for tracking data for outcomes and produce data as needed in various formats, including the tracking of expulsions
- Maintain assigned caseload database
- Coordinate and support community screening efforts
duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in child development, early childhood or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Mastery of Positive Behavior Supports model and Pyramid Model, ABA experience Preferred
- 5 years of Experience working with young children displaying extreme behaviors or diagnosed with Autism, classroom based experience preferred
- Must hold ONE of the following in addition to Bachelors or Master’s Degree:
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Positive Behavior Support (PBS) Graduate Certificate or Infant Mental Health (IMH) Graduate Certificate, Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) or Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or related certification.
- Reliable Transportation
be the best fit, a candidate will need the following skills/experience:
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and skill levels.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
Must be able to identify and resolve problems) with ability to communicate effectively to child care personnel and community
- Knowledge of attitudinal and environmental barriers to inclusion and how to assist individuals, child care programs and other entities to overcome them
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with other community agencies, organizations to maximize efforts and avoid duplicative services
Qualified candidates please forward resumes directly to email@example.com
no later than December 7, 2018.
Salary: $38,000 - $52,000
Hours: Normal Coalition Hours are Monday- Friday, 8am- 5pm.
40 Hours per week
Travel is required.