Residential Behavior Assistant
Responsible for providing person centered care as outlined by an Individual Implementation Plan for individuals who are diagnosed with a developmental disability.Essential Functions (may include other duties as assigned)
· Treat and Care for individuals and their property with dignity and respect.
· Communicate and Interact with individuals, other professionals, and visitors in a congenial manner.
· Promote an environment that will ensure the health, safety, and well-being of the residents.
· Provide Personal Care Services such as transferring, bathing, toileting, feeding, oral hygiene.
· Perform light housekeeping tasks, run errands, respond to emergencies, prepare meals.
· Training individuals to promote Daily Living Skills, Self-Care Skills, and other skills to lead to increased independence.
· Complete necessary paperwork with accuracy and timeliness.
· Assist individual with maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
· Monitor Behaviors, Record Data, Implement Behavior PlansMinimum Qualifications and Education
Must be at least 18 years of age; AND Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED; AND Have 2 years’ experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing, or child care setting, or experience with individuals with development disabilities; OR Have 90 Classroom Hours of Instruction in Applied Behavior Analysis OR at least 120 hours of direct services to recipients with complex behavior problems as defined in F.A>C. 65G-4.010(3)(b); AND
Must have at least Twenty contact hours of instruction in a curriculum meeting the requirements specified by the APD state office and approved by the APD designated behavior analyst. Instruction must be provided by a person meeting the qualifications of a Level 1, 2, or 3 Behavior Analyst AND Must have a certificate of completion. OR A college/university transcription AND a course content description.
RBT: Registered Behavior Technician may substitute for the above requirements. AND Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License; AND Must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening which includes Local Criminal Background Check, FBI/FDLE Clearance, and Affidavit of Good Moral Character. Must be able to make independent decisions and accept supervision. AND Must be a Registered Behavior Technician or able to be certified AND Must be certified in Reactive Strategies.Required Skills/Trainings/Certifications
Must be able to obtain CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, HIPAA, Zero Tolerance, Direct Care Core Competencies., and other necessary trainings provided by this agency.
RBT certification preferred, but will be willing to pay for certification once probation period has passed.