Director of Behavioral Services
Are you an emerging leader in the field of behavioral analysis who is passionate about supporting some of the most vulnerable members of our community and making a positive impact to the lives individuals and their families? Are you skilled at program development and building a high-performing team? Are you interested in advancing your career by joining a leading behavioral healthcare organization and working alongside colleagues who are passionate about changing lives – by unlocking human potential?
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Florida is seeking a highly collaborative and experienced Board Certified Behavior Analyst for a newly created position to oversee behavioral services in a community-based program designed to provide intensive behavioral support services for individuals and their families when support is needed the most!
The Director of Behavioral Services will provide oversight, direction, and guidance to support the implementation of evidence-based practices, parent training and consultation, and supervision to behavioral support staff while leading the development of a new program for Devereux Florida.
In this impactful role, you will:
- Work directly with individuals and family members to provide intensive behavioral services, designed to support families through crisis situations and develop a plan for ongoing support.
- Design and implement individualized behavioral plans, assess progress and future needs.
- Providing training and support for behavioral staff to implement best practices and create positive change.
- Develop and administer parent training curricula, based on the fundamental principle of applied behavioral analysis and positive behavioral supports.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop a viable program for sustainability.
- Seek new opportunities to enhance services and remain current with best practices.
- Act to develop systems and monitors to ensure quality programming, regulatory compliance, and exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Support consistency of high-quality services and safety with a unique program model .
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to further the impact of Devereux’s service to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with a combination of mental health challenges.
- Help to oversee the development and maintenance of a positive work environment designed to attract and retain a stable, progressive, caring and diverse workforce needed to ensure the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective services.
Education & Certification:
- Master’s degree required
- BCBA required with at least five (5) years’ applied behavioral experience, with individuals with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges. required
- Must have strong clinical, programmatic, and administrative experience in a multi-disciplinary treatment environment. Experience overseeing the delivery of behavioral health, residential treatment and community programs preferred
- Knowledge of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports is a preferred
- Exceptional organizational, communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Knowledge of data collection procedures required; experience with electronic medical health record preferred