Behavior Therapist/ Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Beacon Pediatric Behavioral Health is an established multidisciplinary clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide mental health therapy, diagnostic psychological evaluations, and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment to children, adolescents, and their families.
Please visit our website for additional information about our practice at www.beaconpediatric.com.
We have an IMMEDIATE opening for a Behavior Therapist/ Registered Behavior Technician (RBT).
As part of this position, the RBT will:
- · Provide 1:1 Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy services directly to children and adolescents diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or other developmental disorders
- · Implement behavior-reduction plans and individualized instructional programs (e.g., discrete trial training, natural environment training, pivotal response training, verbal behavior, academics, self-care skills, social and play skills, language skill development, etc.) developed by the supervising Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- · Conduct ABA therapy within the clinic, home, school, and/or community setting
- · Collect and record session data and complete daily session notes
- · Communicate with parents and collaborate with other professionals in an effective manner
- · Attend supervision and training meetings and incorporate supervisor's feedback and changes into the client's therapy program.
- · Must already be certified as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT), or scheduled to sit for the exam within the next 2 weeks (for more information, search online for BACB RBT REQUIREMENTS)
- · Preference given to applicants with at least 1 year of experience working with children and/or adolescents in a care-taking, mentoring, therapeutic, or teaching capacity (as an RBT or otherwise)
- · Preference given to applicants with experience working with individuals with special needs and/or currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate coursework related to ABA
- · Must be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)/CPR and AED, or capable of completing the training
- · to obtain certification within the next 2 weeks.
- · Must be able to pass a Criminal History Background Check (CHBC)
- · Individuals that have strong critical thinking and collaboration skills, take initiative, are passionate about helping children, and that are open and eager to continually learn are the best candidates for this type of position!
- · This is a part- to full-time employee position
- · Pay is hourly, based on billable services performed
- · Opportunities are available for pay raises based on performance and competency; pay is competitive and commensurate with level of education, experience, and proficiency (between $15 and $19 per hour)
- · Supervision and in depth training is provided for those interested in pursuing Board Certification in Behavior Analysis (BCBA or BCaBA) at no cost to you
- · Work hours are flexible; however services are typically conducted sometime between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday - Friday
- · Participation in 401k available for full-time employees after a qualification period
- · Unfortunately, health insurance is *not* able to be offered as a benefit at this time
For immediate consideration please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to the attention of Dr. Adrienne DeSantis at DeSantis@beaconpediatric.com or via fax at (904) 900-7732 and indicate that you are applying for the RBT position. You will receive an email to schedule an interview if we feel that you might be a potential good fit for the position.