RBT - Care Companion
The Care Companion facilitates transportation to and from employment training and recreation sites and provides constant supervision on a 1:1 basis for clients/adults with autism spectrum disorder and other disabilities under a BCBA-D’s supervision. The Care Companion also assists in the implementation of programs, learning initiatives, behavior intervention and data collection and communicates client progress with the BCBA and legal guardian. HOURS are from 8:00 to 3:00 Monday through Friday. LOCATION: N. Miami Beach / Aventura.
• Registered Behavior Technician
• Successful completion of drug test/background check
• High school diploma
• Driver’s License and vehicle to transport client.
• CPR/First Aid Certification- training will be provided at the time of hire, if necessary
• Professional Crisis Management Certification-training will be provided at the time of hire, if necessary
• HHA Home Health Aide certification. Will be provided at time of hire if necessary.
• Experience/Course Training in Applied Behavior Analysis
• Experience/training working with adult population with special needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY • Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills • Strong attention to detail • Enthusiasm for working with adults with special needs. • Responsible and caring attitude for the client served. • Experience with Alternative Augmentative Communication. Will train if needed. • Ability to maintain appropriate client supervision so that client has a safe and orderly environment in which to learn • Ability to work effectively with other Care Companions, supervisors, and community agencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Medium work: must be able to keep up with active young adult with autism. Must be able to walk moderate distance and swim.
REPORTS TO: Board Certified Behavior Analyst running program and Legal Guardian(s) of Client.
BENEFITS: • Competitive hourly pay. • Staff Development Incentives. • Details discussed at time of interview. • Supervision and training by BCBA-D