Located in the greater Orlando area, Alpine Academy provides exceptional educational opportunities for students with unique learning needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Specific Learning Disabilities or children with other behavioral or emotional needs. Our teaching methods are based on the principles of ABA.
For more information about the school, please visit www.myalpine.org.
Job Title: Curriculum Specialist
· Bachelor's degree in special education, psychology, or related field.
· Master's degree preferred
· Knowledge and experience in the field of ABA
· 3-year experience with children with autism or other developmental disabilities
· Certification in ABA (BCaBA, prefer BCBA or eligible for BCBA exam).
· Knowledge and experience with teaching verbal behaviors, ABLLS or VB-MAPP
· 1 year of supervisory experience
Salary and Benefits:
· Annual salary $40,000 - $45,000 (BCaBA), $60,000 - $62,000 (BCBA)
· 6 weeks of paid time off
· 5 additional days paid time off per school year
· 6 paid holidays
· Medical, dental, vision insurance
· 401K with up to 4% company matching
· CEU stipends
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:30
- Create student data sheets, IEP goals, updating curriculum tracking sheets (ABLLS)
- Create Behavior Interventions Plans for assigned students who display problem behaviors.
- New student enrollment evaluation
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress, concerns, etc. Schedule and conduct IEP meetings, send daily logs and homework, etc.
- Ensure organization of the classrooms and materials utilized by assigned program.
- Train and supervise instructors
- Maintain Positive interactions with all students, parents, coworkers
- Maintain 20 hrs per week of direct student contact time
- Train assigned staff and interns to implement student acquisition programs and behavior intervention plans
- Submit all required paperwork such as attendance logs, IEP, ABLLS, behavior plan, progress report on time
- Meet other deadlines such as time sheets, reports submission
- Provide consultation to other school staff regarding specific students
- Develop Behavior Intervention Plans and assist with implementation
- Provide training to school staff on ABA principles, behavioral instructional strategies, behavior intervention, etc.
- Lead the weekly behavior meetings.
- Provide supervision to RBTs, and practicum students as within the scope of certification.
- Other school related duties as assigned
Physical Requirements: The job responsibilities may require kneeling, crouching, carrying, pushing, bending, lifting up to 50 lb, walking up stairs, etc.
Other Essential Requirements:
- Passionate about helping children and families
- Commitment to providing high standards of care
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Focus on solutions rather than problems
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Strong work ethics and integrity
- Adaptable to changes with a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Motivated to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft word, excel, outlook, etc.