Kaleidoscope Interventions is ideally located in Brevard County, Florida – right on the Space Coast! We serve families within our clinic, in the community, and with our sister agency Puzzle Box Academy.
Kaleidoscope Interventions specializes in evidence-based behavioral, speech, and occupational therapy to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related Developmental Disabilities. We are dedicated in providing treatment to strengthen the behavioral, social, educational, and daily living needs of children. We work extensively with individuals who exhibit a variety of developmental needs and challenging behaviors to build adaptive skills in the home, school, community settings and our clinic utilizing behavioral principles.
The Clinical Director identifies, develops and manages the operations of their individual clinical facility to meet the needs of the community and support the goals and mission of the organization. Responsibilities include promotion, administration, clinical oversight, and evaluation of programs that are mission-based, fiscally responsible and meet or exceed the requirements of regulatory and/or certification agencies.
Essential Job Duties
Oversight and Leadership:
· Provides clinical supervision, management oversight, professional development and work direction to facility BCBAs, Assistant Clinical Director and RBTs.
· Oversees clinical supervision to meet clinical staff certification/licensing requirements.
· Facilitates communication between clinical staff and outside departments (e.g., academic, billing) by ensuring formal and informal methods are routinely employed including routine staff meetings, written communications, electronic communications and other outlets as identified.
· Provides coaching and consultation to treatment teams to ensure appropriate, professional, and collaborative relationships are established and maintained with client families
· Intervenes as necessary to support and/or repair relationships with client families, attends to formal grievances related to clinical programs.
· Consults with colleagues (e.g., other clinical directors, program director) on cases that require a higher level of clinical supervision (e.g. Functional Analysis, severe and challenging behavior, etc.)
· Oversees clinical programing to ensure optimal utilization of services and resources, to document that provision of direct care and clinical supervision is consistent with the service guidelines for all cases.
· Regularly presents findings of clinical efficacy of programs to supervisor with recommendations for improvement through resource allocation, training opportunities, and company policy/procedures.
· Collaborates regularly with Director of Academic Services, Principal, and Program Director to identify program needs and maximize program potential through coordinated service delivery.
· May manage caseload of clients as determined appropriate by Program Director.
· Oversees new client assessments, and intake appointments for their facility.
· Ensures appropriate on boarding, training and transition of new staff from training to independently providing treatment to clients.
· Reviews various reports (e.g. treatment plans) for clinical quality.
· Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach using organizational behavior management strategies rooted in positive reinforcement; aligns behavior with results, develops measures, assigns accountabilities; sets objectives; establishes priorities; and monitors and evaluates results.
· Reviews employee goals and performance on a regular basis while giving feedback and training for development.
· Attend staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested.
· Conducts Parent trainings.
· Responsible for process of delivering signed service verification forms to the Program Director.
· Responsible to complete additional job duties as assigned by Program Director.
· Evaluates performance at the individual and facility level against monthly productivity targets; and ensures that clinical staff remain accountable for their productivity.
· Work with Program Director to ensure all staff are meeting productivity/billable hour goals.
· Responsible for ensuring that facility operates within monthly operating budgets and completes facility ordering according to company policy.
· Maintains accurate documentation of billable tasks that meets the requirements of regulatory agencies and funding sources and is HIPAA compliant.
· Tracks direct and indirect client sessions to ensure that services are provided to the full extent of the authorization for each client.
· Participates in recruitment, interviewing, selection, and on-boarding of clinical staff which will include Saturdays or weeknight events.
· Coordinates documentation to ensure re-authorization and continuation of services when necessary.
· Guides participation of BCBAs in the training, onboarding and coaching of direct care staff.
· Ensures that clinical operations for the assigned area follow company protocols.
· Over-sees and evaluates programs that are mission-based and fiscally responsible.
· Implements company-wide initiatives and changes at the directive of supervisor.
· Implements and oversees processes/procedures/policies that maintain program compliance with HIPAA as well as federal, state, and funder regulatory requirements.
· Participates in special projects, and assists with additional duties or tasks, as assigned.
· Attends staff meetings, in-services, trainings, and other meetings as requested by management.
· Attaining and achieving competencies in relation to role
· Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested
· Data collected weekly/reported to staff and/or at Clinical Directors Meeting
A: Session Note Audits/Scorecards- deliver data on the percentage of session notes completed and reviewed for employee bonuses
B: Treatment Plan Data- deliver the percentage of treatment plans submitted on time to billing. Deliver the turnaround time for when they are submitted to CD for review and when they are submitted to billing in graphic format.
C: Observation Data- Report data on staff observations in graphic format.
D: Optimum Schedule- Report the facility’s optimum billing schedule.
E: Authorization Utilization- Report the facility’s authorization utilization percentage in graphic format.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· Master's Degree in Special Education, Psychology or similar filed, with a focus on Applied Behavior Analysis.
· BCBA or BCBA-D Certification required.
· Five years of related professional experience working with children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and/or other related developmental disabilities in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
· Five or more years experience in a leadership or staff supervisory capacity.