Behavior Analyst Assistant
The Behavior Analyst Assistant specializes in providing therapeutic interventions for maladaptive behaviors that are based on the principle that most behaviors are learned and consequently can be best modified in more adaptive directions through relearning. The Behavior Analyst Assistant will interact with each individual served in a manner that demonstrates respect, ensures dignity and privacy, and promotes personal growth and self-determination.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Effectively provide behavior learning therapy to consumers and role model such supports to team members.
- Provide interactions with persons served that help clients develop appropriate behavioral responses and reduce maladaptive behavior.
- Provide interaction with persons served that assist clients in acquiring skills and the behavior for positive social functioning.
- Respond to each individual based upon observed behavior and in accordance with prescribed treatment plans and personal goals.
- Respond to all behavioral emergencies at the Adult Day Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- One to three years’ experience in social service.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must pass physical and drug test.
- Must be able to complete 8 days of new hire orientation class.
- Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Rate of Pay
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities