Childhood Development Center Director
Childhood Development Center: The Attain, Inc. CDC provides intensive educational services for students with intellectual disabilities, including individuals with autism. Students may be full time or may receive services on a scheduled basis. The program provides specialized instructional strategies focused on improving academic performance, language, social and functional skills. Interventions and instructional strategies to overcoming problem behavior are based on the concepts and principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
Position overview: The Director of Educational Services is the Leader for Attain, Inc.’s Childhood Development Center, an intensive applied behavior analysis educational setting. The Director of Educational Services conducts:
1) educational planning, curriculum assessments and instructional strategies,
2) develops and coordinates classroom management techniques,
3) implement crisis intervention strategies, including physical intervention strategies,
4) develop functional assessments and behavior improvement plans,
5) conducts hiring, training, scheduling and managing, employee performance,
- Ensure instructional staff members providing educational services meet the minimum initial and ongoing training requirements as required by McKay Scholarship, Public School Contract, Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Rule 65G, the Medicaid Waiver Handbook, and Attain, Inc. policy.
- Provide instructional staff members ongoing diagnostic performance feedback using positive and corrective feedback.
- Coordinate staffing schedules. Monitor staff utilization on a daily basis. Coordinate shift coverage for vacancies/shortages to assure minimum staffing patterns are maintained while ensuring educational services are provided in the most efficient cost effective manner.
- Conduct annual performance discussions.
7) develops progress reports as required by funders,
8) lead progress reviews: Meet with parents, guardians, support coordinators, Agency for Persons with Disabilities representatives, employers, physicians, staff members, and all other professionals as required to provide high quality residential services.
9) coordinates services with families and funders,
10) Provides public and private school consultation,
11) Coordinates marketing and promotion for the Childhood Development Center, and
12) ensures administrative oversight for the Childhood Development Center
- Coordinate McKay Eligibility. Ensure the Childhood Development Center maintains McKay Scholarship eligibility.
- Ensure that all housekeeping, maintenance, and repairs are completed in a timely manner to maintain clean, healthy, and safe environments.
- Review all incident reports for assigned programs, taking appropriate action as needed in accordance applicable rules, contracts and policies.
- Ensure that all Attain, Inc. policies involving vehicle use, maintenance and safety standards are followed and adhered to by direct care staff.
- Assist with payroll in accordance with applicable payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure purchases are made in accordance to the purchase order and charge card policies.
- Ensure students tuition is paid timely.
MA/MS degree in Human Services field or equivalent experience and a minimum of three years of manager and/or director level experience with persons with intellectual disabilities who engage in severe problem behavior. Current Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Current CPR certification. Florida driver’s license in good standing and good driving record. Satisfaction of Department of Children and Families level 2 background screening requirements (local law enforcement check, fingerprinting, etc.). Knowledge regarding governing rules and regulations, standards and policies pertaining to McKay Scholarship Computer knowledge, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Attain, Inc. operates the Childhood Development Center, a school for ESE students who have a history of problem behavior. The school’s uses instructional strategies based on applied behavior analysis. Attain, Inc is a nonprofit organizaiton that has been providing residential, adult day program, behavior analysis, and intensive educational services for 30 years in Central Florida.