The Florida Autism Center (FAC) is not just another pretty face in the growing segment of autism services. Since 2005, FAC has a strong solid track record of sending little ones out of specialized services and into traditional school and social settings. And we're growing!
We're seeking to hire a Center Director in our Apopka, FL facility to oversee a team of Direct Care Team Members and be responsible for the full operational program and budgetary responsibilities required when providing exceptional services to children and their families. The Center Director may also oversee BCaBAs and train other Team Members.
We are a center-based Applied Behavior Analysis setting whose primary focus is intensive early intervention, with a particular focus in teaching Verbal Behavior. FAC serves children 18 months through 13 years old and is an intensive practicum site for several major universities.
FAC is a fun, professional, ABA-only setting.We work in-center, so travel is very minimal. If your personality is big, your clinical skills strong, your love of ABA great, and your leadership style inspirational, you'll fit right in with us. FAC is led by our dynamic team of Behavior Analysts and supported by a friendly team of experts in marketing, insurance, human resources, finance and accounting. FAC is active in insurance reform for autism, university research, technology integration in ABA, and many other interesting facets of the behavior analytic profession.
We are small enough that you can be really involved and make a difference, and large enough to provide opportunities for career growth and stability with excellent benefits. FAC offers a competitive benefits package that includes competitive salary options based on experience, a diverse 401(k) plan with a company match up to 4%, health, dental, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, as well as:
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D Insurance provided or optioned
- BACB CEU Provider (teach and earn CEU's) and conference assistance
- Opportunities to collaborate on research with major universities
- True team environment with other BCBAs
If you hold a Master's degree or higher and have significant experience in the field of behavior analysis, you qualify for our opportunities. We need you to be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) with a minimum of one year of certification. We also look for a leader with experience writing applied behavior analytic programs and analyzing and graphing data. You need to possess strong leadership qualities, be highly collaborative, listen to others well and have the ability to train and supervise successfully.
This position requires organization and timely submission of sensitive materials. Experience with teaching and training parents is a plus. We welcome experience with young children on the autism spectrum.You must be fluent in and easily understood in American English. Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) is a plus, as is basic Spanish or Chinese. You also need to be able to writing clear, detailed reports using professional language and proper grammar, structure, syntax, etc.
For the safety of our clients and staff, FAC employees must be CPR (Adult, Child and Infant) Certified and have acceptable local, state and national (FBI) background clearance. FAC has employees who want to stick around. Upon hire, Board Certified Behavior Analysts will fill important services roles:
- Providing direct care to young children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder;
- Providing training, supervision and oversight to non-certified staff (modeling /demonstrating program implementation, discussing student programming and strategies, observing staff implementation of programming and providing constructive feedback);
- Creating individualized programming for clients;
- Providing Parent Training and other assistance as needed to families;
- Leading a team in facilitating optimal care and exceptional outcomes for clients;
- Conducting new client assessments and initial treatment planning;
Come join one of our new center and help us serve the Apopka community. If you're interested in working for a highly compassionate and reputable organization, we would love to hear from you!