Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Certified Behavior Analyst to join our team of professionals.
• Conducts behavioral assessments of patient healthcare compliance and self-care skills to identify areas of need.
• Conducts functional assessments of behaviors that are barriers to medical care compliance, health maintenance and self-care.
• Develops and implements individualized intervention for patient medical compliance and self-care skills, with the objective of helping patients develop greater participation and independence in their own medical care.
• Works with Interdisciplinary Team Members: Attends relevant team meetings and informs prescribing physicians, therapists, guardians, state employees, and others of behavior plan interventions, progress on targets, new behaviors of concerns and other relevant information needed to assist the team in providing effective treatment (e.g., information to help medical assistant draw blood or the psychiatrist in prescribing/monitoring medications). Provides support to clinic staff as needed to address patient behaviors.
• Develops healthcare provider and caregiver protocols to support patient care compliance. Provides behavioral support and guidance in the clinical setting to patients, as needed, to facilitate medical evaluations.
• Helps patients through the appointment, including assistance with avoidance, injurious or escalating behaviors through the use of calming strategies, reinforcers etc.
• Develops support materials for patients such as social stories and videos to help anticipate procedures and lower anxiety.
• Develops and delivers caregiver and healthcare provider training's.
• Trains and supervise student interns.
• Develops and implements a plan for program development and growth. Writes grants to support program efforts.
• Conducts community outreach and education, may attend events on weekends and evenings, as needed. Consults with community partners and stakeholders as needed. Some local, state and national travel may be involved.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Master’s degree in related field with 1- 2 years of related experience.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Previous experience serving adults with autism spectrum disorder and related disabilities.
- 1 to 2 years of experience delivering applied behavior analysis.
- Experience in the area of behavioral analysis applied to health and healthcare-related issues is preferred.
- Previous supervisory, administrative and leadership experience in applied behavior analysis.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 513036. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.